Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I can't find heavy cream in Richmond Hill, ON...Creme Brulee?

There are some brands, but they sell VERY small amounts for really high costs and it%26#039;s not worth it.





I REALLY want to make creme brule though. What can I susbstitute for heavy cream? I am willing to buy any other sort of cream...the questions is WHAT TYPE AND HOW???!!!!!





NO copying and pasting off other websites.|||heavy cream = whipping cream





maybe it%26#039;s labelled whipping cream up there|||There all right but 18% Table cream and a tin of regular Carnation milk or the generic is fine, just add one extra egg yolk to the custard, I am not only a former chef I am from Canada and live 10 miles south of you in downtown Toronto.





Make sure to cooked the custard bases in a water bath and I do mine slow at 300 d F for 30-35 minutes, less bubbles and air pockets. Chill them when cooled for 2-3 hours, then add the sugar and glaze the tops, I mix a bit of raw or brown sugar into the white for a nuttier and more caramely flavour.|||Ours is called %26quot;heavy whipping cream.%26quot; It comes in quarts %26amp; smaller in most grocery stores.|||use 35% whipping creamregards chef eric

No comments:

Post a Comment