Saturday, December 12, 2009

Can I use 18% cream to make creme fraiche?

I plan to make some creme fraiche, but I accidentally bought 18% cream rather than heavier whipping creme which is what the recipe calls for. Will it still work? Should I change the ratio of buttermilk?


Thanks!|||you do need cream with higher fat content. heres a recipe also for you to try if you like.





Cr猫me Fraiche





2 c. heavy whipping cream


录 c. cultured buttermilk





Warm the cream to about 98 degrees. Test it on the inside of your wrist the same way you would test a baby bottle. Add the buttermilk, stir, and cover container lightly with a clean cloth, and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 or 3 days until thickened. Store in a refrigerator for up to two weeks.





if you use more buttermilk it wont help the process.|||only in brazil.





otherwise, canadian forces with shoot you with barnacle heads.|||I think you need a cream with a fat content of around 35%. I don%26#039;t think light cream or half and half will work (thicken sufficiently)

No comments:

Post a Comment