Saturday, December 12, 2009

Elle & Vire has two kinds of heavy cream. The Creme Excellence and the Creme Cuisson. What's the difference?

I%26#039;ve been to the supermarkets to find some heavy cream which apparently is different from light cream, all purpose cream and etc...


I%26#039;ve checked the cooking cream and the creme excellence of the Elle %26amp; Vire brand and both have the same butter fat content.


So I am wondering...What is the difference?


Would if be the same if I used the cooking cream for my fruit salad?


If I cooked with the Creme Excellence kind, will it curdle?





Confuzzled....|||I suppose I%26#039;m a little confused myself, and knowing nothing of the brand, but having been in the restaurant business for some time, I%26#039;m going to give this a whirl. I%26#039;m not saying this is a definate, however some outfits do add a stabilizer to the cream to prevent it from curdling when heat is applied. That could very well be the difference between the Creme Excellence and the Creme Cuisson.

No comments:

Post a Comment